Taking the Pile on the Road

We did some traveling for this Thanksgiving. This is not uncommon for us. We tend to spend Thanksgiving in Indiana. Jeff’s extended family lives there. Jeff and I have been going to Indiana since our first Thanksgiving together. You could say its a tradition.

I was really glad that gas prices decided to cooperate with traveling. It was nice for a change not to hand over a small fortune to fill up the van.
When we were single, we would always spend the night but once kids came into the picture, it became a day trip. It is only a 3 hours drive so a day trip is totally doable. Its just that the day is spent mostly in the car and there is not a lot of time for anything else.

So this year, I decided that we would stay for a night or two. Going camping this summer has given me more confidence where overnight trips are concerned. Spending the night would give us more time with our family and spread the trip out. The kids wouldn’t have to spend so much time in the car. And I thought that they would have no issues with sleeping. (Boy, was I wrong, more on that later.)

We really did have a great time. It was awesome to see everyone. If you want to see some pictures go and visit here. The Thanksgiving meal was great, even if the kids didn’t eat it. I sure ate and I probably ate enough for each one of the kids and then some.

On Friday, we were able to leave the babies with Jeff’s aunt and take Hayden to his very first move in the theater. We went and saw Madagascar 2. It was a really cute movie and Hayden really seemed to like it expect for the seat that kept trying to eat him.
Oh and there was the drama of me loosing my camera. It was not just the camera but a very full flash card that I had not yet downloaded unto the computer. I was just about ready to have a break down and start sobbing in the corner when Jeff said, “I found it!” I sucked back my tears, let out a huge sigh of relief and said many prayers of thanks.

So there was a lot of fun had by all but what there wasn’t a lot of sleeping going on. We stayed for 2 nights and both nights were full of crying, wailing, coughing, vomiting, bad dreams and very little sleeping. But on the good side, it did make for a very quiet and peaceful ride home.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s